Who are we?
Theale Fisheries is run by Mr David Fulton providing both day ticket and syndicate fishing opportunities and for clarity Mr David Fulton is both data controller and data processor for your personal data held by Theale Fisheries and may be contacted at [email protected]
Why do we process personal data?
Data protection laws state that we are only able to process personal data if we have valid reasons to do so. At Theale Fisheries the basis for processing your personal data includes, but is not limited to;
- Your explicit consent (photos / venue promotion).
- To respond to your enquiries.
- To provide the service requested (tickets and memberships).
- To enable invoicing and remittance (tickets and refunds).
- To contact you for customer service purposes (waiting list administration / angler education / disputes).
- To enable fulfilment of contractual obligations.
What Type of Data do we collect?
We only collect basic personal data from you which may include;
- Name and address.
- Phone number.
- Email address.
- IP provider address.
- Payment information (bank transfers)
- Records of your enquiries and correspondence.
How do we collect your data?
Personal data is collected when you;
- Make enquiries by phone, email or through the website.
- Make payments through the website or bank transfer.
- Send in catch reports and photos.
- Register on syndicate waiting lists.
- Provide membership information details.
How do we use your data?
We use information about you to;
- Provide you with products and services (primarily day/ night tickets or syndicate memberships)
- Administer syndicate membership’s and waiting lists.
- Respond to your enquiries.
- Keep track of payments and issue refunds.
- Manage and promote the ‘Fishery’ (stock records, rig check lists, catch reports and photos on website and social media)
- Provide you with information about any changes relevant to the ‘Fishery’ (such as rule changes / road closures / bank closures / significant works etc)
- Contact you regarding angler education / breaches of the rules / parking issues.
- Comply with any contractual obligations we have with you.
We do not keep your data any longer than is necessary for administration purposes or requirements of applicable law.
- Data collected for provision of day and night tickets may be retained for up to six months after the last ticket date in case we need to contact you in respect of angler education, rules breaches or disputes.
- Data collected for Syndicate memberships may be retained for up to eighteen months after the expiry of the membership to allow for administration.
- Data collected for syndicate waiting lists may be retained for up to thirty months after an offer has been issued and expired or refused to allow for administration.
- Data collected to respond to enquiries is retained until satisfactory completion of the enquiry or as per legal guidelines.
- Data collected for tax purposes must be kept for at least 6 years (plus the current financial year).
- Data in the form of catch photos and reports may be retained indefinitely unless instructed otherwise.
Information sharing and disclosure.
We do not and will not ever sell your personal data to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Theale Fisheries may share limited personal data with trusted partners such as our bank to facilitate your refund requests and our accountants for legal (tax) requirements.
Our website is hosted by Create Internet Limited. For the purposes of all website enquiries and payments they are acting as data processors and so may hold personal data you enter such as name, address, email and phone number (amongst other information) to facilitate the processing of day / night ticket /syndicate registration fees and forward email enquiries or catch reports and forms submitted through the site.
With your explicit consent personal data such as names in catch reports and photos may be used on our website or social media and as such are on view to the general public.
For complete clarity, members names and membership numbers only are advised to the bailiff team for the purpose of ‘rig check’ administration. Guest’s names will also be advised for the purpose of Fishery security
.The data we collect from you may be processed, transferred and stored using various services integral to our business operations. These services may be based in locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and only the essential and necessary data will be provided to them for them to fulfill their purpose. We will, to the best of our knowledge, not process, store or transfer any data with any service that does not comply with the GDPR or have adequate security measures in place to protect your personal data.
Communications and Other Third Parties
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk.
We may share your personal data if we are under a duty to disclose data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of Theale Fisheries, our customers or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, criminal activity and disputes including fish and tackle theft and theft of fishing rights (poaching).
We may share your information if we are acquired by a third party and therefore your data will be deemed as an asset of the business. Under these circumstances we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of the business, subject to both parties entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings.
Protecting the privacy of children is particularly important in data protection. As stated in our ‘Rules’ we do allow juniors under the age of 18 to fish either with an accompanying adult or for those aged 16-18 with a parental consent form. We do not knowingly collect any personal data of anyone younger than 18 unless parental consent has been obtained prior to using our facilities. If you are under the age of 18 and we have not been provided clear parental consent, then please do not use our facilities at any time.
If we become aware of any personal data that has been gathered on a child who is under the age of 18 without parental consent, we will take the appropriate action to ensure it is removed from our system.
If you, as a parent or guardian, discover that your child (under the age of 18) is using our facilities without your consent, please notify us at [email protected] and will we take the relevant action to ensure the personal data of the child is erased.
Where we store your data
We agree to take reasonable measures to protect your data in accordance with applicable laws and this privacy notice.To prevent unauthorised access we have in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial practices. Hard copies of documents containing personal data are kept in secure, locked locations. Electronic information is password protected.
Under GDPR you have several rights in relation to your personal data.
- The right of access - the right to know exactly what information we hold about you and how we process it.
- The right of rectification - the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure - the right to have your personal data removed or deleted without a specific reason for doing so. This is also known as ‘The right to be forgotten’. There are accountancy and legal reasons why we may need to keep your data so if this is not possible an explanation will be given.
- The right to restrict processing - an individual's right to block or suppress processing of their personal data. You have the right to block your personal data from being processed.
- The right to data portability - the right to request the personal data we hold about you for your own use.
Please note: If you prevent or restrict the use of processing of your mandatory personal data it will stop us from being able to offer you the opportunity to use our facilities because you will not be able to purchase any tickets or memberships.
For any enquiries regarding your rights on your personal data or if you think we are retaining or using your personal data incorrectly please contact us at [email protected]
Theale fisheries may provide optional links to third party websites for information purposes. We do not control these websites so have no control over information supplied and please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
In the event of a data breach we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are met.
Your right to make a complaint
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data directly to us at [email protected] and if we do not respond within 30 days directly to the Information Commissioner through their website at ico.org.uk or by phone on 0303 123 1113.